Admission to join the degree courses
There are two routes of admission, the second being the most common:
- Entry into the 1st year of the engineering course by passing the Mines-Ponts common competitive examination after having attended the preparatory scientific classes. The conditions are the same as for French students, and are detailed on this page
- Entry on file (admission based on qualifications) in the 2nd year of the engineering course, for students who have completed at least four years (or 240 ECTS credits) of higher scientific studies in France or abroad before the start of the courses at the ENSTA Paris.
Note: for foreign students holding a French diploma, the steps to be taken are identical to those for French students.
Specific case: for students who studied at a foreign university:
- In the case of a partner university (exchange students), the students concerned must take the necessary steps with the international department of the home university, which will send the completed application file to ENSTA Paris. This file will be examined by a committee, which will decide on whether they can join.
- In the case of a non-partner university (independent candidates), the students must then apply on an individual basis by returning their duly completed application file. It will be examined by a committee, which will decide on whether they can join.
The application file must be sent to ENSTA Paris before April 08, 2022 at firstname.lastname@example.org for admission at the beginning of the 2022 academic year (courses will start in mid-August 2022).
The documents to be provided as a single .pdf file are (in the order below):
- Application form, duly filled and signed (download the form)
- A CV
- A cover letter un French or English
- The French proficiency certificate issued by a French teacher (download the form) OR the result of an official French test
- The list of courses already taken (download the form)
- A certificate from your coordinator if you are applying for a double degree program (download the form)
- Official transcripts of all your university years (in the original language and an official translation into French or English)
- List of courses taken during the current year
- Copy of your passport or identity card OR birth certificate with official translation into French if you do not have a passport
- Copies of the degrees
- Copies of the prizes and distinctions mentioned in your application form
- Rank certificates
- Official English test result (if available)