The objectives of the course focus on the design, implementation and maintenance of technological devices in the following areas:
- Internet of Things
- Choice of sensors (choice and use of sensors)
- Inertial measurement and navigation
- Complex navigation function
- Information fusion
- Functional chain of guidance
- Artificial intelligence
- Optronic warfare (countermeasure, decoy)
- Defence communications
- Systems engineering and autonomous systems (air, land, sea)
- Training in the design and dimensioning of autonomous multi-sensor systems in an intelligence and defence context, with a focus on the localisation-navigation function.
- Study of the characteristics of sensors (accelerometers, lidar,...) and their interactions through the Internet of Things, including the complete functioning of an inertial navigation unit and the satellite localisation functions (GPS, Galileo), particularly applied to the aerial domain.
- Determination of devices for making decisions in autonomous systems through data fusion, artificial intelligence and deep learning, pragmatic signal and image processing. Emphasis is placed on developing systems in hostile environments (cyber security, electronic warfare, ad-hoc networks).
- Design of durable embedded modules for long-life autonomous systems (submarines, aircraft, etc.)
- Support from professionals: a company tutor is chosen at the beginning of the year and the link with the professional world is reinforced by various company visits.
"This is the most rewarding year of my training. The courses are given by engineers from large French groups and we are considered as their future collaborators. There are just over 5 months of courses rich in content and we learn to work concretely on projects. This allows us to build up an address book in an exciting environment. " Raphaël
"I chose the ILEMs Master's degree because it allowed me to have a specialisation complementary to my engineering training and a degree from a top school closely linked to a high-tech industry. The teaching exceeded my initial expectations, because it allows me to approach a range of advanced techniques not taught in schools, but also to have a global vision of autonomous and complex systems implemented in the defence environment." Eva
This specialised master's degree, unique in France, focuses on systems where localisation and navigation with the desired precision are essential components.
This master's degree places students in the following engineering activities:
- Design of autonomous drones, vehicles and ships...
- Detection and navigation systems
- Electronic warfare systems
- Security and intelligence systems
Graduates of the Specialised Masters® interact within a project team, which they may manage. They are able to design all or part of the system in the field. Based on a set of client requirements, they propose a system architecture and size the elements of this architecture. They are able to manage the implementation and maintenance of this type of system.
In the course of their careers, they rise to positions as project managers in the field and as technical experts.
This Advanced Master is open to applicants holding a Bac + 5 engineering degree, Master 2 or equivalent degree and possibly a Bac + 4 degree with significant professional experience in the field.
Course fees for 2022-2023
The fees include participation in classes, documents, the use of computers and business visits (travel costs included).
Rate: consult us.