Objective of the course
The objective of the Advanced Systems Engineering Course is to train managers in the technologies necessary for the designing of systems in industry. It discusses the methods to be implemented in order to quickly insert new technologies, eco-design and the reduction of project costs, in the context of more complex programmes. It covers the basics of Systems Engineering, the different types of processes (techniques, projects, etc.) as well as specialised engineering activities (EMC, environmental impact, etc.).
The new FAIS training programme is broken down into four modules: FAIS 1.0, FAIS 2.1, FAIS 2.2 and FAIS 3.0.
The FAIS 2.1 and FAIS 2.2 modules are divided equally between theoretical courses and practical work, based on software tools focusing on case studies proposed by auditors in direct connection with their operational context.
- Learn more about the four modules
The theoretical aspect of the course is made up of the fundamental contents of Systems Engineering, as well as new concepts of immediate defence interest, such as systems of systems and urbanisation.
Finally, feedback from different industrialists will be described and analysed. All the theoretical aspects of the course are illustrated through a common thread case study.
- Discover the teaching team of the course
The teaching team of the Advanced Systems Engineering Course
Gauthier Fanmuy is user Experience Requirements Engineering & Architecture at Dassault Systemes.
Omar Hammami is a teacher-researcher in the Computer Science and Systems Engineering Unit (U2IS) of ENSTA Paris, responsible for the "Systems Engineering" group.
His areas of research focus on system design methodologies: system synthesis, optimised junction, embedded systems and systems engineering, multi-criteria optimisation applied to systems engineering.
He teaches the Embedded Systems and Embedded Electronic Systems courses at ENSTA Paris. He directs the research of master's, doctoral and post-doctoral students within the framework of numerous industrial and academic partnerships.
The skills acquired during this course will allow, among other things:
- Understanding and mastering the Systems Engineering ecosystem;
- Understanding the different types of processes used and the means to apply them;
- Having an overview of the standards in force in System Engineering (ISO/IEC 15288:2015, ISO/IEC/IEEE 42010-42020-42030, ISO/IEC/IEEE 21839:2019);
- Carrying out system design studies, knowing how to carry out all the calculations and analyses related to the environment of a product;
- Carrying out prospective studies (value analysis);
- Defining the requirements and technical information necessary to define the new system;
- Carrying out validation procedures.
Prospects of the course
This course will allow the participant to make, as a manager and an expert in systems engineering, technical or strategic choices or to develop the technical sectors allowing the transformation towards the introduction, awareness raising and implementation of systems engineering methods.
It opens up opportunities to careers abroad or in France, in businesses or national or international organisations. Equipment manufacturers and manufacturers of security and defence systems are primarily concerned.
- Engineers and executives with technical project experience
- French-speaking foreign candidates with a degree equivalent to a master's degree and appropriate professional experience
- English: reading and writing required (measured using the evaluation of the English prerequisites (TOEIC, TOEFL, etc.))
- application (CV + cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- March-June 2020
- 4 days per week (Tuesday - Friday)
- FAIS 1.0: 28 hours of classes
- FAIS 2.1: 105 hours of classes
- FAIS 2.2: 28 hours of classes
- FAIS 3.0: 21 hours of classes
Varies depending on the choice of module.
- Contact us
- Steering committee: Cassidian, Dassault Aviation, DCNS, EADS Astrium, THALES
Place of instruction:
828, Boulevard des Maréchaux, 91120 Palaiseau
Language of instruction:
Contacts at the ENSTA Paris
Téléphone : 01 81 87 19 24
Registrar’s office: enrolments
Tél : +33 (0) 1 81 87 19 27
Tél : +33 (0) 1 81 87 19 10